Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To Pass The Time

Tomorrow we will have officially been in Bethel for 2 weeks! We have been busy driving the town, getting jobs, meeting our new ward.... and so on. I personally don't start work till the start of FEB. Sitting in a town where you know no one, where the sun doesn't come up till eleven, where all elderly people speak a completely different language.... i've been bored. So what did i do to curb my boredom...

SUBSTITUTE TEACHING

That is how i finally got internet. Currently, I am sitting in the band room. I have spent the day listening to kids practice their instruments. If you know me at all, you will know that I have absolutely NO musical talent or knowledge at all! Kids will ask me questions and instead of answering them I say, "Class, now who can tell me......." HAHA! The school I am at today is 7th through 12th graders. LUCKILY i have the 7th and 8th graders today! I think the older kids might see through my FAKE BAND TEACHER skills.

Let me just say that some of the kids in here are AMAZING! They have so much musical talent and most if not all of them are self taught. My last class in particular had this incredible piano player. He is only 13 and sounds just like Jim Brickman. I couldn't believe it!

What is fun about being SUB is I can teach any grade, K-12. Tomorrow I could get a call from the elementary school and be a 1st grade teacher. They even said that if they are under staffed I could be put in the Lunch Room as a cook. But they also said that rarely happens. LETS HOPE... for the children's sake.

today has been a blast!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love you! You crack me up. I am doing my student teaching right now and I totally know the feeling when the students ask you a question and you have no idea. I have become very close to the smart kids so I can be like Mike why don't you explain that. HAHA I love to read about your adventures keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea you finally got to post to your blog. I am waiting for pictures!! I can't wait to see where you live and what this town looks like. It was on the travel channel Sunday. We didn't get to see much of the town, just what some of the locals eat and it didn't look very tasty!! I have friends who sub and they all say the same thing and that is make the smart kids your friends!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I told you that I needed to teach you to cook...those poor kids!!! Ha sher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang!! I finally found your blog!! Email me YOUR email address then I can invite you to our blog, or facebook, whatever works! We miss you guys tons!! It sounds like you guys are having such a fun adventure!! and WHOA, Ticket to Ride, almost ruined?! That's a close one! :)

    ReplyDelete