Tuesday, January 26, 2010

K300

Bethel is the starting grounds for the Kuskokwim 300, an annual 300 mile dog sled race. The town here is so small that when anything remotely exciting happens everyone goes to enjoy the fun. Cory was in Anchorage buying groceries the night the race started, so I went alone to take some pictures…
The race starts on the frozen river in town. There were over 100 cars, trucks, and vans parked right on the ice. I felt a little nervous walking out to get the pictures. I know it won’t crack, but still the words “what if” seemed to repeat in my head.

I did experience a first while at the race…
I’ve had a runny nose the past two days, I think my body just isn’t used to the cold air. Well while I was taking pictures of the dogs everything in my nose froze! not cool.

1 comment:

  1. Angie!Hi!I kept checking and were never posting so I thought you didn't have internet anymore or something...I gave up checking...until today when Heather told me your blog is up and running!I couldn't wait to check it out and check on you!! Your adventures are making me laugh! What an awsome girl you are.Miss ya. Sherrie

    ReplyDelete